You have questions? We have answers.
We‘ve compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions that we’ve received from our clients over the years. Please take a look below for answers to initial questions you may have about your new project.
How is pricing determined for Commercial Projects?
We set our pricing for every project with a numerous amount of factors that include:
- Time spent conceptualizing the project
- Extra equipment and staging costs
- Travel expenses
- Length of time require to photograph the project
- Additional team support members/assistants
- Editing time and deadline for project completion
- Miscellaneous expenditures
Every project is carefully reviewed and quoted at the best possible rate for our clients. We also offer discounted rates for clients who continue to work with us in the future and/or have multiple projects that are required to be created in a series. Please feel free to email us to more specific information on these services.
How fast is turnaround on a project?
Every project we create is set on a different time table depending upon the speed a client requires the final images delivered. Generally we encourage all clients to approach us with at minimum a few weeks before needing final proofs. But we understand that this can not always be controlled and we do offer expedited service even with clients outside our local studio area.
On average our studio can deliver a finished set of proofs to a client within 5-7 business days of shooting. This number can be lower depending upon the size and scope of the project.
Do you photograph weddings?
Yes, we have a worked with couples for over 16 years in different location weddings across the country. From large scale full day events to smaller more intimate services, we have a full array of portfolio samples we can show you and your loved one.
What kind of images will I get after a shoot?
After every project is completed, we package the final edited files in their respective folders and deliver them in a custom flash drive to you.
Each flash drive will contain a folder with the name and date of the project that was created as the title. Inside will be three sub-folders with identical files in these respective file sizes:
- Print Size – Generally 16×24″ @ 300dpi. These files are reserved for printing purposes at large scale.
- iPad Size – 2048 pixels at largest dimension size. These files can also be used as 5×7″ prints if desired.
- Web Safe Size – 1200 pixels at largest dimension size. These files are used for website display – social media and email purposes.
If you require specific size dimensions/cropping of particular images from a project (Billboard display – Custom Print – Catalog – Web Banner), we would be happy to help deliver those specific files to you also. Feel free to include those instructions when contacting us about the project.
Do you require a deposit for work?
This depends on the type of project that we are creating. All projects will be assigned a price quote for all clients upon initial contact to the studio to review. Confirmation will be required and signed upon from the client to move forward with a project.
- At this time, we require a 50% deposit for all commercial work with business and wedding clients. This is primarily allocated for travel costs (booking) and hiring/rental of extra team members and equipment if needed. The deposit is non-refundable except for extreme circumstances with the project. The remainder of the quote is then required on the day of the wedding.
- For all commercial (business) clients, we also require a 50% deposit to be held for all projects. This amount can be delivered on the day of the project production. But generally we encourage our clients to send a check earlier to help cover travel costs – equipment and rental costs. The remainder of the quote will be required after email confirmation of completion of the project.
Please note: The final project files in the flash drive will not be delivered until final payment has been received from the client.
Family and Personal Portraits
- For all family and personal portrait sessions, we require full payment to be rendered upon the day of the service for everyone. These projects are smaller in scale and pricing and can be completed for everyone in a faster time frame.
Are there additional costs?
Generally, we will do everything to include a detailed price up front for a projects presented to us. But there are occasions where extra equipment or expenditures are required for completion. If anything does arise during production, we will contact you with this information to be aware of. Rarely does this situation present itself with a majority of the projects we work on.
Do you offer different packages for Weddings - Family Portrait Sessions?
Yes, we do! Please take a look at our pricing table for more information on different packages for these types of services.
I am a new business. Not sure on what I will need for photography. Can you offer help?
Our studio works with new start-up businesses all the time. We understand that every client is different and want to make sure they are able to get the best results without breaking their budget. A successful project for a client allows their business to grow and in doing so, this will allow them to return again to expand their project needs with us in the future.
We are always happy to sit down with clients or discuss in email what their needs and projections are for the next 6 months – 1 year – 3 years. We can help evaluate and target what your needs are to grow and stand out from the competition.
Some of the examples that we discuss with our Commercial clients are:
- Building a visual archive of images for their business website
- Advertising and marketing photography for print and other media outlets
- Creating a professional portfolio of images of team members and management
- Annual reports and other printed materials
- Custom prints for office and public display
- And much more
Couldn’t find the answer to your problem?
If you have questions that we did not answer above or need support on a project, please contact us by clicking on the link above. A representative from the studio will get back to you with 24 hours with a response to your question. Please be sure to send a detailed email with information on how we can best serve your needs.